Texans need greater access to quality health care at a price we can afford. It’s important we pass reforms this legislative session that will increase access, lower costs, enforce price transparency, and ensure there’s a safety net for the most vulnerable.
I urge you to SUPPORT the following bills:
· HB 593 by Rep. Shaheen would expand Direct Primary Care to more types of medical care. This proven and popular model, where patients pay a flat monthly fee for care, is convenient, effective and saves patients money.
· HB 594 by Rep. Shaheen would lower the cost of prescription drugs and increase access by expanding telepharmacy in Texas.
· HB 595 by Rep. Shaheen would allow Doctors to prescribe and dispense medication directly to patients, increasing convenience while saving time and money.
· HB 1240 by Rep. Oliverson would also allow Doctors to prescribe and dispense medication directly to patients, increasing convenience while saving time and money.
· HB 1340 by Rep. Frank would let retired military doctors practice medicine in underserved areas of Texas where there is a shortage of medical care.
· HB 3218 by Rep. Klick would provide price transparency by requiring hospitals to give the patient a cost estimate before the procedure.
· HB 1973 by Rep. Caroline Harris would require patients to receive an itemized invoice if their medical bill gets sent to collections.
Thank you for taking the time to read my letter and for all the work you do to support Texans as a state lawmaker! We appreciate you.