Texans need greater access to quality health care at a price we can afford. It’s important we pass reforms this legislative session that will increase access, lower costs, enforce price transparency, and ensure there’s a safety net for the most vulnerable.
Health care should put patients first and give them the choice and control they deserve. There are several patient-empowerment bills in front of you in the Health Care Reform Select Committee. I urge you to please take action this session and pass meaningful policy reforms that will improve the lives of all Texans.
I urge you to SUPPORT the following bills:
· HB 592 by Rep. Shaheen would increase access and convenience by empowering patients to receive telemedicine from across state lines.
· HB 2551 by Rep. Shaheen put medical school graduates to work as an Assistant Physician treating patients if they do not match with a residency program.
· HB 2556 by Rep. Oliverson would put medical school graduates to work as a Physician Graduate delivering primary care to patients if they do not match with a residency program.
· HB 633 by Rep. Frank would turn patients into shoppers by allowing them to pay cash prices for medical services and treatments.
· HB 1001 by Rep. Capriglione would remove red tape and mandates on health care in Texas that are driving up costs for patients.
· HB 1692 by Rep. Frank would save patients money on procedures by prohibiting inappropriate facility fees.
· HB 700 by Rep. Oliverson would increase access to care by creating a state based health care exchange in Texas to serve patients.
Thank you for taking the time to read my letter and for all the work you do to support Texans as a state lawmaker! We appreciate you.